Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Alive and Kicking

Did you miss me?  I took a few days off work last week and I took our daughter on a little trip.  I turned my trading off on TCDB and did my best to ignore everything, including my blog.  We stopped in Chicago on Thursday and visited the Field Museum, which included Sue the T-Rex:

Growing up we visited the Field Museum a couple of times on class trips.  While in school we also visited the Adler Planetarium, the Museum of Science & Industry, and the Shedd Aquarium.  I think I have been to the Shedd about ten times; no lie.
On Friday we visited the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum:

Great place for a kid to explore and burn off some energy.  After that we walked over to the M-Den by campus to pick up some new gear.
Then on Saturday we attended the Rutgers-Michigan at the Big House:

We had a blast, but it's nice to be home.  With all the tickets, hotel rooms, and meals, it might be awhile before I can buy any cards!  But it was well worth it.

I received two packages, both TCDB trades, last Tuesday but could not upload photos before we left, so we will cover these first.

A trade with Jothand adds some 2019 baseball stars to Owen's collection:


A good-size four sport trade with Shaggy69 follows and begins with 1991 Score set builders:

A nice assortment of 90s basketball set builders, primarily from the latter half of the decade, is up next:

Additions to the Michigan collection include both basketball and football cards:
 
A pair of Bama football additions follows:

The trade concludes with a Belfour for the Hawks collection:


Owen and I also made a Target run last Tuesday afternoon.  While there I a picked up a little more than usual, but nothing excessive:

Still hoping to pull some Vlad, Tatis, and Alonso's for Owen's collection.
We will start with the pair of fat packs.  I have pretty much all of the cards I want from the flagship base set so not surprising that only pulled three keepers for Owen's collection:

I did a little better with the Archives blaster.  These have been added to Owen's collection:

Talk about a blast from the past; I remember buying Topps coins in the late 80s at the toy store in the mall.
The Heritage hanger box, sadly, yielded nothing for Owen's collection.  Unfortunately, I did not pull any Vlad, Tatis, or Alonso cards for Owen's collection from any of these packs/boxes.
We move on to the RCs I will hold onto for now, beginning with the flagship set:

Followed by Archives:

And finishing with Heritage:

The pack/box break concludes with cards I have added to my For Trade list... and there's plenty.  We begin with the flagship set:

And then Archives:

Finishing with Heritage:

I have pulled two lid tops and both have been Tatis.  Disappointing to not get someone else I want, however, it does make for a pretty good piece of trade bait.

So that get's us caught up on last Tuesday's cards.  We returned Sunday evening and I went to work well before the PO opened Monday morning so I couldn't stop and check my box until after work.  I was thrilled to see eight packages waiting for me.  Without further ado, here's a rundown of what I received yesterday...

  1. A small trade with sandd0522 adds a couple of nice cards to Owen's collection:
  2. My first trade with Pfaall adds Latvia to the list of countries to which I have sent cards:

    I add one hockey card to my Michigan collection:

    And six to my Hawks & Belfour collection:
  3. Another trade with Trinitydawg22 adds 16 cards to my Bama football collection:
  4. Another trade with Tigerfan22 adds one basketball card to my Michigan collection:

    And 22 football cards to the Michigan collection:
     
  5. 15 1995-96 Stadium Club set builders courtesy of jmiller4 are up next:
  6. My first trade with Eric Rochette is a hockey affair that begins with a few early 90s set builders:

    23 Michigan additions follow:

    The trade concludes with a dozen Hawks additions:
  7. This next package is a single card eBay purchase; a Giannis that is SN99:

    I feel like I have neglected Giannis over the past few months and failed to actively seek out his cards.
  8. And finally, yesterday's final package is another single card eBay purchase:

    A Chris Webber that is SN20 and carries a piece of 14K gold.  Believe me, I think the gold piece is a silly gimmick, but Chris is my guy so I had to get this.
So there you have it.  Essentially eight days worth of cards in a single post.


No comments:

Post a Comment