Thursday, September 5, 2019

$1,000 breaks?!?!

Watching:  Cubs vs Brewers on Fox Sports Wisconsin

Holy sweet tap dancing Moses.  2019-20 Contenders Draft Picks breaks have been on fire on eBay this week.  Full case Pelicans offerings have been going for over $1,000!  That's insane.  How many Zion autos do you need to hit in order to justify that cost?  The Grizzlies and Knicks are going for around $300.  Circumstances such as this make me second guess my decision to reenter the "hobby" a couple of years ago.

I received two packages today; one TCDB trade and one eBay purchase.  My first trade with BrewerAndy is a small affair that includes one set builder:

And one card for Owen's collection:


It's been a few weeks since I made an eBay purchase.  With the coming of autumn I had to write checks for dance, gymnastics, and swim lessons.  With those out of the way I returned to eBay and purchased a Christian Yelich lot of various Chronicles inserts:

The Score insert is somewhat reminiscent of the 91 Score Will Clark I also received today.  The Obsidian is much like the one found in the 18-19 basketball set, only slightly thinner.  The Spectra is very similar to the annual basketball offerings.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be discouraged by the greed, just ignore it and keep doing what you've been doing! BTW, all of the folks who are dropping all of this money on Zion cards, are going to end up looking like suckers when all is said and done, so be thankful that it isn't you doing so.

    ReplyDelete