Sunday, September 1, 2019

Rabbit rabbit rabbit

Watching:  Houston vs Oklahoma on ABC

Jalen Hurts is looking pretty good.  I'm pulling for him; I hope he has a great season.  How about that Auburn-Oregon finish last night?  Bo Nix really came through in the clutch.

I remember my junior high English teacher telling our class that saying "Rabbit rabbit rabbit" on the first of the month would bring good luck.  This was a good 30 years ago but it has always stuck with me.  Today is the first time I ever thought to Google it, and sure enough, it really is a superstition and not just the ramblings of an old English teacher.

Well, once again, I found myself in the vicinity of Target early this afternoon.  I picked up a few things for our daughter and also an assortment of fat packs:

This is the first Chronicles pack I have picked up in some time.  The doubles were starting to roll in so I took a little break.  I did pretty well today as I found nine cards for the base set and one bronze parallel:

Nothing Earth shattering here.  Nice to pick up a pair of Score's as those have been tougher to come by than some other subsets.
The reaming five cards are all doubles headed to my For Trade list:

My second Archives fat pack follows and begins with three cards for Owen's collection:

The Freeman is a Purple parallel that carries a SN175.
I am going to hold onto this pair of rookies for now:

The remaining cards will find a home on my For Trade list:

Finally, I picked up a fat pack for the new Donruss and Prestige football sets.  Last season I made an effort to collect Donruss, Prestige and Score.  I am not making that mistake again this year.  The 1989esque Score design is my favorite this season so that is the one set I work toward completing this year.  I will pick up some Donruss and Prestige packs here and there; primarily to try and pull some Michigan and Bama guys, but also to add some trade bait.  I didn't pick up any Wolverines, however, I did pick up several Bama additions (three Donruss and four Prestige):

I am placing all of the remaining cards, including all inserts and parallels, on my For Trade list:

Crummy picture, but you're not missing anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment