Saturday, September 14, 2019

Randy Woods had every right to be mad with Fleer

Watching:  Bama vs South Carolina on CBS

I received one package today; a TCDB trade with woodmangb that adds 15 cards to Owen's collection:

Gary was nice enough include one extra; a Rickey Henderson for my 1983 Topps set:


While making the obligatory Target run this morning I stood in the aisle perusing the card offerings for what felt like ten minutes.  The basketball offerings are now limited to Chronicles and Threads, but I just opened blasters of each earlier this week.  For the baseball offerings I have opened fat packs and blasters of just about everything in the past two or three weeks.  I could have picked up some football, but I wasn't feeling it.  It's been quite awhile since I picked up a repack so...

I picked up one of the 75 cards plus one pack repacks.  The pack inside is a 218-19 Hoops:

As is common with these basketball repacks I find lots of cards from the first half of the 90s; many of which are doubles.  These are the cards I will keep:

An Ayton rookie I needed; that's nice:

The 94-95 Fleer Randy Woods might be one of the most unflattering photos I have ever seen on a card:

A face only a mother could love.
And we close with plenty of trade bait:

Of course, one of these repacks would not be complete without a card from the wrong sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment