Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Cops in cars, chocolate bars


Listening:  The Doors L.A. Woman

Just for fun I Googled "misheard the doors lyrics" while listening to The Doors.  My favorite just might be from "L.A. Woman".  The lyric goes:
Cops in cars,
topless bars
Some have reported hearing this instead:
Cops in cars,
chocolate bars
A much more family friendly version.  Perhaps this will appear on Radio Disney someday


Poor Christian Yelich.  It appeared he was on his way to a second straight MVP award when he fractured his kneecap last night.  This opens the door for others to pile up some stats and pass him.  Shame.

Nike unveiled the Jordan 34.  Not bad.  I’d still rather have a pair of the 3, 4, 5, or 6 though.

I took part in a 18-19 Contenders Optic break a couple of nights ago.  It was a pick your player case break.  I bought Webber at the $4.99 minimum and of course did not hit a thing.  Oh well.  I’m only out $5. 

I received three packages yesterday; two TCDB trades and one eBay purchase.  Both trades add 2019 baseball cards to Owen’s collection.  My first trade with new member Orry04 begins today’s recap.  This small trade adds a Mike Trout to Owen’s collection:
 

My second trade with itsjustoldcardboard adds a nice stack of Heritage cards to Owen’s collection:

We close with a small eBay purchase; a Mo Wagner lot for the Michigan collection:
 
This includes a Donruss MEM and some Chronicles parallels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment