Saturday, August 31, 2019

Heritage "phat" pack and welcome back college football

Watching:  Middle Tennessee St. at Michigan on BTN

College football returned today.  The opening slate of games though is lacking; only one top 25 match-up.  Bama started slowly this afternoon, but Tua found his rhythm.  The Tide's O-Line looked less than dominant at times.  Could be an issue against stiffer competition.  Michigan is frustrating the heck out of me.  Two turnovers have led to 14 MTSU points.  The new high paced offense we've heard so much about looks much like last year's.  Shea Patterson is still inconsistent.  I felt last year, he's a good QB, but he's not an elite QB, the kind that can make the play to win the big game against an elite team.  I really wish Harbaugh would develop Dylan McCaffrey to be the guy going forward.

I received one package today; a trade with sandyrusty that added 17 cards to my 83 Topps set:


As with most Saturday mornings, I found myself running errands and popping into Target.  The card section was nicely stocked today so I picked up some packs for Owen's collection:

I also picked up my second Heritage High Number fat pack:

And what a pack it is!  Vlad Jr and Tatis RCs highlight additions to Owen's collection:

A trio of RCs I will be holding onto:

Sadly, all three have dinged lower right corners.
The remaining cards have been placed on my For Trade list:


Michigan appears to have this one in hand, but I'm unimpressed.  The team I'm seeing right now against MTSU has no chance of beating the Buckeyes.  We need to some serious growth over the next ten games.  Next week's contest against Army has me concerned.  That's a tough offense to prepare for.  Two big tilts next Saturday; Texas A&M-Clemson and Texas-LSU.

No comments:

Post a Comment