Monday, August 26, 2019

Call me Ishmael

Watching:  Cardinals vs Brewers on Fox Sports Wisconsin

I took the afternoon off to get Harper's teeth cleaned and then to get the car serviced.  In between appointments we stopped by Target to pick up a coloring book so Harper would have something to do while we waited for the car.  Of course, I could not leave empty handed:

I opened the Archives pack first and the card sitting on top of the stack was none other than Vlad Jr.  In total I picked up seven cards from the Archives fat pack for Owen's collection:

Owen's collection gained six cards from the Heritage Series 2 fat pack, including a Tatis Jr insert:

I am going to hold onto some of the rookies included in the two packs, including a Biggio:

The remaining cards have been placed on my For Trade list:

I picked up a Chrome parallel from the Heritage pack, unfortunately, it does yet appear on TCDB:


I received two packages today; both TCDB trades.  A small basketball trade with TheToddFather21 tips things off and begins with a trio of 95-96 Flair set builders:

The trade wraps up with a pair of Michigan additions:


Another trade with Tgrs_4_me follows and is comprised solely of 2019 baseball stars for Owen's collection:


Oh, one more thing, I finally harpooned my white whale!
 
Since June 1 nine Webber printing plates have been listed on eBay.  I bid on the first eight and lost them all.  A couple I lost in the final seconds.  Painful.  Last week one appeared with a Buy It Now option and I took the plunge.  Some of the previous plates looked nicer, or at the very least more interesting, but I am thrilled to finally have a Webber printing plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment