Monday, August 19, 2019

Make it funky - Allen & Ginter


Listening:  James Brown 20 All-Time Greatest Hits!

Finally returning to the blogosphere after an absence of one week.  My workload ramped up a bit over the past two weeks, some of that was unexpected, so I cut back a bit on sending trade offers out. 
I have made a number of Target runs over the past week, and pretty much always pick up a fat pack or two.  I try to limit it to no more than $10.  If I haven’t been in a while I will splurge and pick up a blaster.  I failed to take any photos of the packs I ripped, but I believe I picked up a pair each of Topps Series 2 and Allen & Ginter.  I may have picked some Chrome as well; can’t recall.  I scored another Vlad Jr rookie.  I also pulled a pair of SP variations.  I am pretty sure I have purchased maybe eight Series 2 fat packs and hit two Vlad Jr rookies.  Pretty nice.  I like the Allen & Ginter design but the checklist is so bizarre.  This is one of the cards I got.  Really?  They get a card?  I don’t get it.  I also pulled an interesting insert - a mini of a chihuahua.  How appropriate that this dog be found on a mini card.

As a result of my short hiatus from sending out trade offers very few packages arrived last week.  I did receive two packages on Saturday the 10th.  The first was a small trade with wbaker01; our sixth.  Bill and I have done some good size trades, but this is by far our smallest, but it filled a need for each of us.  I received a pair of Rumeal Robinson’s for my Michigan collection:
Rumeal hit the free throws to seal the win against Seton Hall so he will always carry significance.  Things have been a little for Rumeal since ‘89.

The other package I received was a very pleasant surprise.  I found an envelope from PapaG321 in my PO box and paused because I was fairly certain we did not have a trade in progress.  I opened the envelope right there in the post office and literally chuckled out loud as I discovered I was the recipient of a genuine PapaG321 rookie card:
 
Thanks for the card, Dan.

I have returned to sending out trade offers so I found three packages in the mailbox today over lunch.  All three trades add 2019 baseball stars to my son’s budding collection.  My fourth trade with hockeydude adds some Bowman, Donruss, Topps, and Heritage cards to Owen’s collection:
 

My first trade with chemistclete adds cards from Donruss, Topps, and Gypsy Queen to Owen’s collection:
 

The day concludes with my first trade with belijr.  It is a small one, but packed with punch; Alonso and Tatis rookies for Owen:

No comments:

Post a Comment