Friday, August 23, 2019

Chasing a white whale; colored TP


Listening:  Talking Heads More Songs About Buildings and Food

Another little lull in posting.  To be expected after taking about a week off from sending out offers.  I have sent about a dozen trades out this week so we should have a nice, steady stream of cards to cover in the coming week or two.

I failed to mention on Monday that I missed out on yet another Chris Webber printing plate on eBay.  Basically, it feels like one pops up for bidding every ten days or so.  Initially, they were going for just over $50.  Lately, they’ve been selling for $60, $70, even $80.  That’s nuts.  A Webber printing plate, at a somewhat reasonable price, has become my white whale.

We were watching Despicable Me 3 on Netflix the other night for about the fifth time in the last two weeks and Harper pointed out that the minions had pink toilet paper.  
I thought for a moment and said, “Do they make colored toilet paper anymore?  You go to the store and the shelves are stocked with nothing but white TP.”  My wife, who is only four years younger than me, responded with something like, “What do you mean ‘anymore’?”  I told her I remembered colored TP as a kid, but she did not.  So I had to Google it and prove to her that colored TP was an option when we were growing up.  By the late 80s it had largely been phased out.

I received one package yesterday and two more today; all TCDB trades.  My first trade with otisthelab kicks things off and consists of football additions for the Michigan and Bama collections:
 

A stack of 90-91 Score Canadian set builders from Dmalshere1 follows:

My sixth trade with AwgyDawgy concludes today’s recap.  We begin with a trio of 91 Fleer set builders:

The majority of the trade consists of basketball set builders from the first half of the 90s:
  

We finish up with a trio of basketball and football additions for the Michigan collection:
  

1 comment:

  1. I remember green, pink and blue toilet paper. The story I heard is that the coloring was causing allergic reactions on people so they stopped making them.

    ReplyDelete