Sunday, February 3, 2019

Fairfield Repack

Listening:  Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, Mecca and the Soul Brother

Sunday Funday.  I saved a Fairfield repack for today.  Every now and then I will stand at the Target card display for far too long as the current inventory is either sparse, stale, boring, and/or pricey.  On those days I pick up some form of repack.  I didn't buy any cards for twenty years so I always find something I need in these repacks.  Today's Fairfield repack is the one that contains four packs, a box of 50 cards, and a "bonus".  Ooooohhhh, bonus!



The four packs include 1992 SkyBox USA, 1993-94 SkyBox Series II, 2015-16 Threads, and 2016-17 Complete.  A TeenyMates pack serves as the "bonus".  It's always a TeenyMates pack.



Opened and sorted all the contents and it breaks down to roughly half of the cards are keepers with the other half going to the For Trade list.  The keepers include the following:





I scored a 2004-05 Fleer Tradition Dwight Howard RC.  Pretty good hit - I'll take it.  Good luck with the packs, for the most part.  Keeping all of the cards in the SkyBox USA and Threads packs, and four of the five in the Complete pack.  I already have all of the SkyBox Series II cards.

I won't bore you with the traders.  Basically, it begins with 1989-90 Hoops and ends with 1995-96 Topps.  Heaviest seasons are 1990-91, 1992-93 and 1993-94.



Three of the cards fall into Multi-Sport sets, including one hockey card, because why wouldn't you include a hockey card in a basketball repack:



And finally, I know, the suspense is killing you... the TeenyMates!



Spurs and Wizards.  Two franchises on opposite ends of the success spectrum over the past 25 years.  If anyone collects these please let me know as I now have about a dozen.  The trick is tracking them all down.

1 comment:

  1. Skybox USA set is a surprise...they were not common packs even when I began collecting the NBA in 1996. My entire collection of Teenymates came from repacks as well.

    ReplyDelete