Thursday, April 11, 2019

Based on the Weather the End is Nigh

Watching:  Toy Story 3 on DVD

On Monday it was 77 degrees.  Over the past 24 hours we have had snow, freezing rain, sleet, rain, torrential rain, high wind gusts, thunder, and lightning.  I had to shovel a couple inches of slush earlier today. 

One package today; my first trade with TCDB member itsjustoldcardboard.  What a terrific username.  This small PWE swap adds three more Yelich cards to "Junior's" collection:



We braved the elements for a Target run this morning.  Our daughter needed a plain light colored t-shirt for an art project at school.  Slow going but we made it.  Of course, on the way out we checked out the card section.  I hadn't picked up any packs in about two weeks so I was jonesing a bit.  I started with a couple more baseball packs for "Junior":



Then, I picked up a pair of blasters for me.  Someone even offered to help me open all of these packs:



We opened the 2018-19 Status box first:



19 veteran base cards to start:



Followed by 8 base RCs:



Four inserts, three veteran parallels, and four rookie parallels up next:



I let our daughter open the pack with the MEM card.  She gets a kick out of the "shirt cards".  And finally, a Giannis, and a Hardaway Jr for the Michigan collection:



The second blaster is a 2019 Leaf Draft.  :



This is the first Leaf football product I have ever purchased.  The Sage Hit box I picked up a few weeks ago was a huge disappointment so I was a tad hesitant to pick this up.  Base cards on the top row and Gold parallels on the bottom:



Flashbacks, Kyle Murray SPs, and two Autos:



The box concludes with a Devin Bush for the Michigan collection and eight additions for the Bama collection:



Not a bad product.  Light years better than this year's Sage Hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment