Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The House of Habsburg

Watching:  Flipping back and forth between Bruins vs Leafs on NBCSN and Pacers vs Celtics on TNT (waiting for Pistons-Bucks to tip shortly)

Busy sports night last night.  I was flipping back and forth through several games all night.  The 62 win Lightning were swept out of the first round.  Ouch.  The Isles swept the Pens.  OK in my book.  Christian Yelich continued his ridiculously hot start with a 3 run homer in the 5th vs the Cards.  The Magic-Raptors game was an absolute dud.

Today's Sol Pais saga dominated the online news while I was working.  I feel for all those school children and their parents in Colorado who had to deal with the stress of a potential Columbine repeat.  Can you imagine - school's closed today because of a potential mass shooting threat?  I feel for the girl's parents.  That must be such a helpless feeling to have your daughter just take off and learn she is the focus of an FBI manhunt.  And I feel for the girl.  I read some of the writings she left behind.  She was clearly a very bright girl; she wrote extremely well.  It was also very clear that she had some very dark thoughts and likely had a mental health condition.  It is sad that she took her own life, very sad, but at least no other lives were lost.

One package today, one that traveled approx. 5000 miles.  This is my first trade with TCDB member holhoa96 of Hungary.  Fairly straightforward trade; I sent some 2018 football in exchange for some late 90s basketball.  Set builders to start, including some Stadium Club (yea!):



And a pair of Michigan additions completes the trade:



The crazy thing is I have a couple of Canadian trades that were initiated at the same time as this Hungarian trade and those have yet to arrive.  The lag that exists in the cross-border US-Canada trades is pretty ridiculous given the proximity.  For example, driving to Dallas would take me a good two hours longer than driving to Toronto.  I could reach Calgary before I reach Disney World.  Does my PWE really need to take two weeks to get here?

No comments:

Post a Comment