Monday, April 15, 2019

From the Free Throw Line!

Watching:  The Giant Pear on Netflix

My wife had an appointment with her doctor this afternoon and they have scheduled to induce her late next week; assuming of course "Junior" does not arrive before then.  Given the cards I added to his collection today he should be eager to come out!

The Bucks won Game 1 yesterday by about 100 points; slight exaggeration.  I don't put much stock in that though given Blake Griffin was out.  I mean, when Thon Maker is in your starting lineup things are likely not going to go well for your team.  The big takeaway from this game is Giannis taking off from just inside the free throw line.  Insane!

Sad to see the footage of the Notre-Dame Cathedral fire today.  So much history, so many irreplaceable relics lost forever. 

Four packages in the mail today; two eBay purchases and two TCDB trades.  Both eBay purchases are a single 2019 Christian Yelich for "Junior's" collection.  The first is a 2019 Topps insert marking the 35th anniversary of the 1984 set:



The other is the 2019 Gypsy Queen base:



I like the Gypsy Queen cards.  If I were going to collect a baseball set this would be a good candidate.

On to the two trades received today.  First up my second trade with Tgrs_4_me.  A single baseball set builder to start (1984 Topps):



Three hockey additions for the Michigan collection:



And five for the Hawks collection:



The Tgrs_4_me trade concludes with cards for "Junior's" collection.  First a pair of 2019 Topps base Yelich:



Followed by some 2018-19 base hockey cards of players who excelled during the recently concluded regular season:



Last but not least, the day concludes with my seventh, yes, seventh, trade with PapaG321.  This was an unusually straightforward trade for Dan and I.  Usually our trades cross sports and cover a multitude of sets, but this time I kept my request simple; nothing but baseball set builders.  I received a small stack of 1990 Upper Deck and mid-size stack of everybody's favorite, 1991 Fleer:



Of course, Dan being the good guy that he is tucked six extras in, including a few Blackhawks I haven't gotten around to placing on my Want List (Larmer & Wilson):



Thank you very much, Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment