Sunday, April 7, 2019

Bucks Game & Hall of Fame Snub

Watching:  Hawks vs Bucks on Fox Sports Wisconsin

First time I have posted twice in one day.  I just completed my usual Wolverine Sunday post and now I have a little more to share.

My brother-in-law took me to the Bucks-Nets game on Saturday.  We had been exchanging messages all week questioning whether Giannis would play.  After they beat the Sixers on Thursday night to clinch home court we prepared for the worst.  Sadly, Giannis did not play during our game yesterday.  We still had fun though.  Turned on tonight's game on and guess who's starting?  Giannis.  Blurgh.

While we were eating lunch before the game yesterday I noticed Naismith Hall of Fame selections scrolling across the bottom of the screen.  I knew the selections were to be announced Final Four Saturday and that Chris Webber was a finalist. I was fully prepared to see Chris' name.  It didn't appear.  What the heck?  How long are these voters going to hold the Ed Martin thing against him?  A college kid took money from a booster.  It's happened before, it's happening now, it will always happen.  God forbid Chris tarnished the squeaky clean image of the NCAA and amateur athletics.  Jeez.  Put Chris in the darn Hall already!

Came home to two packages.  Had a trade finalized with TCDB member HookedSince68 and it was ready to go the next morning.  I woke up to find a second small trade proposal.  Technically, it counts as two trades, but I was able ti combine them into one PWE.  I received nothing but baseball set builders; 1984 Topps (95%), 1990 Upper Deck (49%) and 1991 Fleer (59%):

No comments:

Post a Comment