Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Finally... some mail!


Holy cow.  It’s been a full week since I lasted posted.  The major contributor to the dry spell is that I have not received anything in the mail.  I send cards out nearly every day, but they are coming back at a slow rate.  I did pick up two hanger boxes late last week, one Status and one Threads, but aside from one Giannis insert the boxes yielded nothing of note.

Thursday my daughter and I hiked up one of the area bluffs overlooking the river.  Trying to make a point to get out and "do stuff" now that the weather has improved.

Basketball season is over… for me at least.  The Bucks bumbled and stumbled their way through the Raptors series.  Toronto simply out-adjusted the Bucks.  They took advantage of the Bucks switching defense creating and exploiting favorable matchups, and their shooters knocked down open looks.  Toronto collapsed on Giannis and dared “the others” to beat them.  Giannis found open shooters, but the shots often missed the mark.  With so many key free agents (Middleton, Brogdon, Lopez, Hill, Mirotic) it will be interesting to see next year’s roster.  They surely have to pay the luxury tax if they resign all of them; is ownership willing to make that commitment?  Hopefully, this wasn’t just a one-time playoff push.

I stopped by the post office this morning before work, and before they were open, to drop a handful of PWEs in the mail.  While there I checked my PO box and found three packages; all TCDB trades.  First up, my third trade with Lugnut80.  Three cards closer to completing the 2018-19 Hoops set (90%):

I add nine to the 1991 Ultra set (45%):

Four football additions for the Michigan collection:

And a pair of Tim Beckham’s for Owen’s collection rounds out the Lugnut80 trade:

Today’s second package is my first trade with LO212257.  Football set builders include 1989 Topps Traded (92%), 1990 Fleer (97%), 1990 Topps Traded (57%), 1991 Fleer (84%), 1991 Pro Set (78%), and 1991 Ultra (45%):

27 really nice football additions for the Michigan collection:
 

What might be my single largest Bama haul to date (14 cards):

And the trade concludes with four 2019 Opening Day additions for Owen’s collection:

My fifth trade with jdmason02 concludes today’s review and is comprised almost exclusively of late 90s basketball set builders, which includes:

·         1997-98 Upper Deck
·         1998 UD Hardcourt
·         1998-99 Fleer Tradition
·         1998-99 Hoops
·         1998-99 SB Premium
·         1998-99 SB Thunder
·         1998-99 Topps
·         1998-99 UD Choice
·         1998-99 UD
·         1998-99 UD Black Diamond
·         1999-00 Hoops Decade
·         1999-00 SB Dominion
·         1999-00 SB Premium
·         1999-00 SP Authentic
·         1999-00 Topps Tipoff




Three Michigan additions, one basketball and two football, complete this trade:

No comments:

Post a Comment