Tuesday, May 14, 2019

NBA Draft Lottery Drama

Watching:  NBA Draft Lottery on ESPN

Playing catch up yet again.  Who'd have thought having a newborn at home would impact my trading and collecting?  The trading itself has not been too taxing.   Logging and tracking my collection has been cumbersome.  Maintaining the blog has fallen to the bottom of the priority list.

Who will win the right to draft Zion?  If the Lakers win, then the fix is in.  If the Knicks win, they'll mess it up.  It would be cool to see the Bulls crack the Top 3, but GarPax would muck it up.

I was poking around TCDB today and caught my first glimpse of the 2019 Score football cards.  Love them!  Clearly drawing inspiration from one of my all-time favorite sets - the 1989 Score set.  I need to make a point to run to Target and pick some up in the coming days.

Received a single card eBay purchase on Monday; a 2016-17 Gold Standard Chris Webber parallel.  For a SN79 card I feel like I got a good deal:



My fourth trade with TCDB member craziejoe was built primarily around Michigan additions that included basketball, football, and hockey:

  

Also included a couple of Hawks:



And three DeMeco Ryan's for the Bama collection:



Next up, my third trade with TCDB member FiresNBeers.  This is the first package I received via my new PO Box at the post office downtown.  My wife has been giving me grief for some time now about all of the trades arriving at our door.  In order to keep up my trading, and maintain a happy home, I finally pulled the trigger and rented the box.  Officially, this trade included nothing but basketball set builders from the 1990s:



However, Brian included an abundance of extras, including more basketball set builders:



The Optic RCs are really nice additions.  Also included among the extras were three Kane's for the Hawks collection:



And the last extra is for Owen's budding collection:



Today I received my first package from TCDB member greywolves777.  The second package I've received via my new PO Box.  The single baseball set builder is a 1984 Topps (96%):



An assortment of Topps basketball set builders from the latter half of the 1990s:



Some early 1990s football set builders include 1990 Fleer (97%), 1991 Fleer (76%), and 1991 Score (1 card away):



And finally, four Michigan football additions:



Holy cats!  The Lakers, Grizzlies, and Pelicans all moved up!  So the Lakers and Knicks are both in the Top 4.  Conspiracy theorists might find that a touch interesting.  Imagine if the Pelicans win.  What does that mean in regards to Anthony Davis?  Try and keep him and build around AD and Zion?  Holy cow!  New Orleans wins!  The NBA is truly a never-ending soap opera.  What was already going to be a crazy, drama filled summer just got crazier.

No comments:

Post a Comment