Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Brackets, Brackets, Brackets

Watching:  Bucks vs Cavs on Fox Sports Wisconsin and Celtics vs Sixers on ESPN

I submitted my bracket for the TCDB challenge.  I didn't get too creative with it so Lord knows I'm doomed.  I also sat down with our daughter and helped her fill out her first bracket.  I did not pick Michigan to reach the Final Four; she picked UM (Daddy's team) to win it all.  Funny thing is she also picked the green team Daddy doesn't like (Sparty) and the red team Daddy doesn't like (OSU) to go pretty far.  Her key overall strategy was picking dog and cat teams to advance.

I read that Status will be a retail only release this year.  I'm kind of excited about that.  The AU and MEM offerings look pretty strong and the parallels are manageable.  I'll have to keep an eye out for these on upcoming Target visits.

I see Cornerstones was released today.  Six cards per box.  I just can't fathom paying $100+ for six random cards.  Better to just go on eBay and buy the cards you want.  Did they really need to split this off from Grand Reserve as a separate set?  I picked up a 2016-17 Glen Rice.  I do love the Downtown inserts though.  These are slick.  Glad they brought these back.  Ranks up there with Kaboom as one of my favorite current insert offerings.  Already a Giannis on eBay that is waaaaaay outside my price range.

Today's lone trade is my second with TCDB member hafengr; three football cards to add to the Michigan collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment