Sunday, March 3, 2019

Let's Play Checkers - 2018-19 Donruss Optic Blaster

Listening:  Ice Cube, AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

I realized it's now March and I have yet to purchase a blaster in 2019.  I had to run an errand this morning so I popped into Target and picked up a Donruss Optic blaster.  Not only is this my first blaster of 2019 but these are also my first 2018-19 Optic cards.  I honestly had no idea these were even out yet.  Optic is usually one of my preferred Panini selections each year but the cost prevents me from going all in.  It's another Panini product where I pick up a box and question whether I will pull cards worth the $20 cost.  Jeez, it works out to like $.75/card. 

Kobe's been retired now for a couple of season's so why in the world would they plaster his picture on all of the packaging?  The NBA doesn't have enough current superstars and hot prospects?

 

The box included seven packs with four cards in each pack - three base and one insert/parallel.  The 21 base cards are pictured below and include four Rated Rookies.  The Embiid card is pretty sick:



I received the seven promised inserts or parallels.  Nothing too exciting with the four inserts:



The box concludes with three parallels.  The Checkerboard Ben Simmons is a really nice hit.  King Me!:



I liked the 2018-19 design on the regular Donruss issue and it looks really nice when upgraded to the Optic brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment