Monday, March 25, 2019

Don't Try to Extort Nike

Listening:  The Brian Jonestown Massacre Their Satanic Majesties' Second Request

This album offers up what is perhaps my all-time favorite song; "Anemone".  I would definitely include it on a mix-tape of my all-time faves.  I can listen to it on repeat for an hour.

The first two rounds of the NCAAs were rather dull.  All 16 Vegas favorites won in Round 2.  UCF almost, almost provided us with some true madness yesterday.  While it would have destroyed my bracket, I was still pulling for them.

Michael Avenatti is accused of trying to extort Nike.  Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing Nike has a fairly decent legal team.  Trying to pull one over on the Swoosh seems ill-advised.

Two packages in the mail today; both trades with TCDB members.  My second trade with Sportzcommish kicks the night off.  This PWE trade pales in comparison to our previous trade as that garnered the TCDB honor for "largest trade".  A nice assortment of basketball cards to go toward building sets:



Tonight's other trade is my seventh with karsal.  Basically, I'm to the point now where I send Kari an offer every four to six weeks.  These trades are always fun because we tend to involve multiple sports.  Tonight we have them all.  Two baseball set builders to start:



Followed by basketball set builders:






A handful of hockey set builders:



A Crow for the Hawks collection:



And several additions to the Michigan collection:

1 comment:

  1. I think I PIFed a couple of those Duncans to Joshua a while back, LOL. I just packed up a trade for Kari tonight as well, one of four going in the mail tomorrow, including yours!

    ReplyDelete