Wednesday, March 13, 2019

The Evils of Spring Ahead, and Sympathetic Breakers?

Watching:  Beauty and the Beast on DVD

Whoever invented Daylight Savings Time did not have young children.  Good God, what a nightmare.  Our daughter doesn't want to go to bed at night because she's not tired yet.  Who can blame her?  She doesn't understand spring ahead.  So we've been going to bed late; a big reason as to why I haven't blogged the past two nights.

No surprise, I have fallen behind yet again.  This week I have received four packages - two trades and two eBay purchases.

Kicking things off my first trade with TCDB member ToppsrBest.  A pair of 2017-18 Essentials inserts, seven football additions to the Michigan collection, and one football card for the Bama collection:

 

The other trade is my first trade with TCDB member The_Sandlot.  Thirteen additions to the 1997-98 SkyBox Premium set:



Leading off the eBay purchases a break I participated in last week.  I purchased in the Bucks in a Prizm break and did very poorly.  Aside from a Trae Young AU the break was kind of a dud.  The silver lining; I did get Giannis base cards for both my Giannis collection and the set:



The breakers must have felt bad for me because included in the package was a pack of 2017-18 Optic.  Got a Hardaway card I needed for my Michigan collection so that was nice:



A lot of 27 1989 Score football cards make up the other eBay purchase in this group.  This includes three ERR versions I didn't even expect.  Completion rate is now at 92%:



I have been bidding on Barry Sanders copies over the past two weeks; trying to sneak in and grab a nice copy for under $20, but to no avail at this point.  I'm no rush so I'll keep plugging away.

3 comments:

  1. Go Blue! First time seeing your blog , I PC Michigan as well , I have a bunch of duplicate Wolverines I'd move

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barry doesn't seem to sell for nearly as much as he used to, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one for under $20 at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know my $20 line in the sand wasn't crazy. And you were right! After about ten attempts I finally won an auction for under $20, including the shipping cost.

      Delete