Friday, June 21, 2019

Cliffhanger

Watching:  Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (I had hoped to watch the NHL Draft but was outvoted)

How about that NBA Draft?  Quick hits:

  • The floral print suits.  Whoa.
  • Bol Bol's suit.  I don't think I could pull that off.
  • Atlanta moving up to take Hunter.  Nice pick; nice fit.
  • Cleveland taking Garland one year after taking Sexton.  Two PGs?
  • Bulls take Coby White.  Good bye Dunn?
  • Reddish to the Hawks at 10.  Another nice pick.
  • Jordan Poole goes 28 to Golden State.  Surprised to see a Wolverine go in the 1st Round but it feels like a good fit for him.
  • The Bucks traded out of the #30 spot.  I was actually happy because I was scared they may take Bol Bol and we would relive the whole Thon Maker experiment.
  • Bol Bol falling out of the first round.
  • Wolverine Iggy Brazdeikis goes to the Knicks in the second round.
  • Wolverine Charles Matthews goes undrafted.  Always had my doubts that he would be drafted but the recent ACL injury clinched it.
  • Tacko Fall goes undrafted.  I hope he catches on with someone.


I received four packages today; 3 small eBay purchases and one large TCDB trade.

First up, two additions for Owen's collection.  We have the 2019 Finest base and refractor for Christian Yelich:

If I could change one thing about the current state of basketball card offerings it would the reintroduction of Finest.  I love old Finest basketball cards.  So picking this pair up feels kind of good.

Next up, yet another in the never-ending stream of 2018-19 Prizm parallels.  This Webber is the Choice Red version and carries a SN88:


The third and final eBay purchase is a 2015-16 Immaculate Collection Chris Webber that is MEM, SN75:


Today's fourth package, and lone trade, comes via wbaker01.  I haven't had a chance to update my TCDB records and photograph the 400 cards so this probably won't be covered for a couple of days.  Cliffhanger!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet CWebb relic! I'm a sucker for anything Immaculate. I was hoping a team would take Tacko, too.

    You're not missing much with the NHL draft. Only one trade so far.

    ReplyDelete