Friday, June 28, 2019

Finest travels back to 1994-95 for inspiration

Listening:  BoDeans Joe Dirt Car

Three packages arrived today; one TCDB trade and two more eBay purchases.

1. My first trade with volsaunders is today’s lone trade.  I received a stack of 25 1991 Score baseball set builders:


2. A single card eBay purchase is up next because it's almost mandatory to have a Webber card in each post.  Here we have the Gold parallel for the 1997-98 SPx Chris Webber:

Die-cut, hologram, gold... what's not to like?  Cool set.

3. I love old Finest basketball cards and it certainly does not hurt that Topps introduced Finest during Webber’s rookie year.  Aside from picking up Webber cards, I had essentially stopped collecting by 1993.  I was a teenager who was far more interested in his girlfriend than cards.  I really liked the Finest cards I picked up in the mid 90s, Webber’s Golden State and Washington days, and when I finally resumed collecting in 2017 I set Finest as a top priority.  When Topps released the 2019 Finest baseball edition I immediately noticed the Prized Performers insert set as they obviously took inspiration from the 1994-95 Finest Lottery Prize insert set.  While I do not collect baseball cards I set out to build this 20 card set.  Over the weekend I found a 14 card lot on eBay with a “Best Offer” option.  In the end I purchased the 14 card lot for under $14; less than a dollar a card.  Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment