Thursday, June 20, 2019

Looking Through Patient Eyes: A Five PWE Day

Listening:  P.M. Dawn The Bliss Album...?

Owen is nearly eight weeks old so this morning I placed him in the jogging stroller and we went for our first run/jog.  Adding the stroller to the mix is a bit of workout and mucks up your pace.  I was happy to hit the 3 mile mark (technically 2.96) and be done.

I wonder if ESPN will ever devote any airtime to discussing the NBA Draft.  Good God.  It feels like 90% of their programming has centered around it.  Zion, Zion, Zion.  I'm an NBA fan and I'm looking forward to the draft, there should be some good drama tonight, but you can only dissect and forecast so much.  Let Woj get some sleep for Christ's sake!

My absolute #1 primary collecting goal is to try and obtain a copy of every Chris Webber card printed.  Completely unrealistic this day in age with all of the parallels and the SN1, SN5, SN10, etc cards.  I would really like to get one printing plate for my collection and call it good.  Just one.  A few have popped up over the past month or so on eBay.  I've come close to winning on two occasions but sadly missed out.  They typically go for around $50; sometimes more. 

Five PWEs to cover today; three small eBay purchases and a pair of TCDB trades.

1. A single card eBay purchase bats lead off today; a Vlad Guerrero Jr Bowman insert for Owen's collection:


2. The second eBay purchase is a pair of Denard Robinson's for the Michigan collection:


3. The third and final eBay purchase is yet another 2018-19 Webber Prizm parallel.  This time it's the Purple version that carries a SN75:


And the seller included four 2018-19 Threads base cards as filler; three of which I need:


4. On to the TCDB trades.  My fourth trade with dcdeacon netted some basketball set builders:

dcdeacon is the first the member with whom I traded on TCDB and his name is Pete.  He's gotta be a great guy!

5. The day's fifth and final PWE comes via John5150. Our second trade added some nice mid to late 90s basketball set builders to my collection, including some nice Lakers era Shaq's:

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty solid group of 90's base cards, the Ionix really stands out to me!

    ReplyDelete