Sunday, June 30, 2019

Stadium Club Blaster

Listening/Watching:  Nothing; a rare moment of absolute silence.

NBA free agency officially opens shortly.  What will happen?

  • Kyrie to Brooklyn?
  • Kemba to Boston?
  • Kawhi and KD pairing up?
  • Butler leaving Philly?  What about Harris?
  • Will the Lakers get a third superstar?  Will it be Russell?
  • Where does Cousins land?  And Horford?
  • Can the Clips sign two superstars?  Or the Knicks?
  • Does Vucevic stay in Orlando?
Of particular interest to me:
  • Can the Bucks resign Middleton and Lopez?
  • Will anyone throw a big offer at Brogdon?
The NBA truly is a 365 league.  It's a never-ending soap opera!


I gushed over the new Stadium Club release yesterday.  I watched a break last night and it just furthered my fondness for this new set.  I zipped out to Target early this afternoon and picked up a blaster.  While there I also picked up a fat pack of Topps Series 2:
 

The only reason I picked up the fat pack is because I was feeling lucky and thought I'd take a shot at pulling a Alonso, Guerrero, or Tatis RC.  Unfortunately, the Series 2 pack was a huge dud.  Nothing of interest to me.  I'm putting all the cards, including the four inserts and parallels on my For Trade list:


On to the blaster, which housed eight packs of five cards each.  31 of the 40 cards are base cards:

I mentioned yesterday how I liked some of the creative photos used in this set.  Below I have included some of the base cards I pulled that really appeal to me:

The nine remaining cards are inserts and parallels.  Six of the nine I like and will keep.  These include Beam Team and Chrome inserts, and parallels for Black Foil, Red Foil, and Sepia:

The three remaining cards are inserts that don't do anything for me so they are going up on the For Trade list:


No major hits, but I actually like the cards, which is a nice change of pace.  I think I will make an effort to try and complete this set.  My most recent complete baseball set is from 1991; 28 years feels long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment