Monday, July 1, 2019

I swear I'm not a baseball card collector; more baseball additions

Watching:  Summer league action on ESPN (Grizzlies-Jazz)

NBA free agency is off to an entertaining start.

  • KD and Kyrie to Brooklyn
  • Russell goes from Brooklyn to Golden State
  • Golden State trades Iguodala
  • Horford goes to Philly.
  • Butler forces trade from Philly to Miami
  • Redick leaves Philly for New Orleans
  • Kemba goes to Boston and Rozier goes to Charlotte
  • D. Rose goes to Detroit
  • The Knicks are shut out
  • Kawhi waits...
Of personal interest, the Bucks resigned Middleton and Brook Lopez.  That's good.  On the other hand, they traded Brogdon to the Pacers.  That stings.  I'm a Brogdon guy.  I think he's a high IQ guy who plays well on both ends and shoots well.  He's not the most athletic guy in the league and his ceiling likely isn't much higher, but he's the kind of steady, solid guy championship teams need.  Blurgh.  Picking up Wesley Matthews today is a nice move.  Pretty good on the defensive end and has developed a decent shot.


Three packages today; one eBay purchase and a pair of TCDB trades.

  1. I needed six cards to complete the Finest Prized Performers set.  I found an eBay seller that had the six cards I needed up for bid.  I managed to win all six so I now have the complete 20 card set:

    The seller had a nice shipping discount for multiple purchases so I picked up a few more odds and ends, beginning with a TJ Yeldon 2016 Score parallel for the Bama collection that is SN99:

    The remaining purchases are 2019 baseball purchases for Owen's collection.  This includes three Yelich inserts:

    A pair of Alonso's, a Vlad, and a Tatis round out the eBay buy:

  2. My first trade with capsboy is strictly a baseball affair.  We start with set builders which includes a pair of 1990 Upper Deck and a small stack of 1991 Score:

    The trade concludes with three 2019 Topps for Owen's collection:

  3. Today's final package is my sixth trade with jdmason02 and is solely basketball.  Set builders kick things off and include 1992-93 Topps Archives, 1997-98 Chrome, 1998-99 SP Authentic, Stadium Club, and Chrome, 1999-00 Metal, and 2000-01 Stadium Club:

    The trade concludes with a Chris Webber addition.  As soon as I saw this pop up in my match alerts I fired off a trade proposal.  We have one of the 2000-01 Topps Tipoff Daily Double inserts.  I now have two of three variations:

No comments:

Post a Comment