Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Dave & Adam's Box - Part I

I received one PWE in the mail today; my first trade with CrimsonTider.  Inside, 24 sharp looking cards to help build my 1983 Topps set:


For several weeks Dave & Adam's has advertised a big sale on Panini college boxes.  As a big fan of Michigan and Bama, it caught my attention.  I squirreled a few bucks away and finally placed an order and it arrived today.  I am going to go through the box over the course of the next few days as I did order a few more discounted items.  I bought one blaster for both Michigan and Bama:

I purchased another Michigan blaster last year so this is not new to me.  I pulled the full 50 card set from last year's box and did so again today.  50 cards?!  The entire history of UM athletics can be summarized in 50 cards?  No Tom Harmon or Desmond Howard.  No Anthony Carter or Ty Wheatley.  The only Fab Five member is Jalen Rose and Glen Rice is the only member of the 89 title team.  And no hockey players.
The box included two silver parallels and a a pair of Honors insert:

Finally, the box advertises one AU or MEM card.  My box contains a Devin Gardner MEM card; the same exact card I pulled in my previous blaster:

Blurgh.  So disappointed I don't even care about the poor quality of the photo.

I also picked up a Bama blaster.  The Bama set is a more robust 80 cards.  I was unable to complete the full base set from a single blaster.  The box contains a pair of silver parallels and one Honors insert:

For my AU or MEM hit I pulled an Amari Cooper MEM:

That's pretty decent.

Tomorrow night, Part II of the unboxing - cheap 2018 football cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment