Thursday, July 4, 2019

300 trades and a Target run pays off

Watching:  Wimbledon on ESPN (muted)
Listening:  Jimmy Buffett Living and Dying in 3/4 Time

No packages today or yesterday, however, there is some news.  Once again, I did not immediately recognize I hit a trading milestone.  Yesterday's trades pushed me to the 300 completed trades mark.  I completed my first trade on 4/3/2018 and my 300th on 7/2/2019, so 300 trades in exactly 15 months.  Not too shabby.  Thank you to all of the TCDB members who have traded with me over the past 15 months.  Here's to 300 more!

I ran to Target late this morning on a small errand.  On my way to the register I stopped and perused the card offerings.  I set $10 as my budget; or two fat packs.  I picked up a fat pack of 2019 Score football as I would like to try and complete the set because I like the design.  Then I debated on my second selection.  I finally picked up a fat pack of 2019 Topps Series 2 with hopes of hitting one of the big RCs.  I went back to the car, turned on Radio Margaritaville, and opened my two packs in the parking lot.  First up, the Score football pack:

25 base cards and 15 inserts/parallels?!?!  15!  Nothing Earth shattering here, although I did pull a Kyler Murray base RC:

Not bad.  I don't think I pulled any Mayfield or Barkley base RCs last year so I'm already off to much-improved start for 2019!

The second fat pack took me longer to choose.  Ideally, I would have picked Stadium Club, however, they were already gone.  I picked up a Series 2 pack hoping to find a Alonso, Guerrero or Tatis RC:

I made it about one-third of the way through the 34 card pack when I came upon this:

The Vlad Jr. SP RC!  Probably the most excited anyone has been while sitting in a Target parking lot in some time.  This Vlad Jr. goes to Owen's collection of 2019 baseball stars.  It will be fun to share the story with him in 12 years or so of how I opened this in a Target parking lot on the Fourth of July.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on pulling the Vlad Jr. SP! I just bought a bunch of retail packs/boxes but I didn’t pull anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you... And I saw a 9 card lot they're asking $399 USD on Ebay... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, Pete! You can tell him that an old man from Texas asked to be put on the waiting list if he doesn't want it in 12 years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the trading milestone! Nice Vlad Jr pull, too!

    ReplyDelete