Monday, July 8, 2019

I Wanna Be Adored and 40,000 cards

Listening:  The Stone Roses The Stone Roses

The trades I received over the weekend pushed me past the 40,000 mark for total cards officially swapped in trades.  That’s kind of crazy. 

I received four packages today; two TCDB trades and two eBay breaks.

  1. My third trade with Tgrs_4_me yielded some 2019 baseball stars for Owen’s collection:

  2. The other trade is my first with ntlwhlr and leads off with 2017-18 Optic set builders:

    Pro Set football set builders follow and include 16 for the 1990 set and one for the 1991 set:

    The remainder of the trade is devoted to Michigan football additions:
     
  3. I got the itch to participate in a couple of breaks on eBay last weekend.  The first was a four box 2019 Stadium Club break.  I bought the Brewers for a fairly decent price, which fortunate because I did not hit a thing.  Nothing but base.  The one plus is I managed to receive the entire team set so that helps toward my goal of building the set:

    I also got doubles of Yelich and Moustakas for Owen’s collection:

  4. A 20 blaster box 2018-19 Optic break was the other one I joined in last weekend.  I won the Bucks at a low price so I took a chance on a few of the remaining teams and managed to win the Wizards.  I received nearly all of the base cards for the two teams; we’ll skip those though.  I did get a few inserts, three Purple Wave parallels (the photo doesn’t pick up the wave), and five Silver parallels:

    I also was “lucky” enough to land two hits:

    Not the most exciting hits in the world.  For a split second, as he shuffled through the cards, I thought I might have a Giannis, but no, it’s a Thon.


1 comment:

  1. I love that track. And I'm trying to get back to TCDB trading, now that Ive got all my inventory up there it's just a matter of deciding what to put on my tradelist.

    Also, I got the Brewers in a TSC break last year; you can see how I did here if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete