Monday, July 15, 2019

Shiny, shiny pants and bleach-blond hair

Listening:  Wilco Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

How about that Wimbledon final?  I’m not a huge tennis fan, but I usually make a point to watch the majors, especially Wimbledon.  I was able to watch the first three sets yesterday morning, but then had to head out for a family function.  I checked my phone periodically for updates and was amazed to see the match still going past noon.  Happy with the result as I was pulling for Djokovic.

Still debating whether to go the National in a few weeks.  I’ve never been and the location is probably as good as it’s ever going to get for me.  (The Twin Cities would be ideal)  My mom still lives down in SE Wisconsin so I wouldn’t even need to get a hotel room if I went.  Having two young children at home makes justifying the trip a challenge though; both in terms of money and time.  If I did go it would probably have to be on Sunday – the final day.  Would it even be worth it?  I imagine some might be packing up at leaving at that point and those who remain have likely exhausted their enthusiasm.

I received two packages today; one TCDB trade and one eBay purchase.  My first trade with nozzlemaster yielded some 2019 baseball additions for Owen’s collection:


The eBay purchase is also for Owen’s baseball collection.  It’s an oversize (5x7) version of the Finest Prized Performers insert and is SN49:

The set is not listed in TCDB yet so I’ll have to officially add it to the collection later.

No comments:

Post a Comment