Saturday, July 20, 2019

Two trades and a Chronicles blaster

Listening:  Kurt Braunohler Trust Me

I woke up just after 6:00 this morning and checked the weather on my phone.  85 degrees!  Are you flippin' kidding me?!?!  85 degrees!  What is this?  The GD rain forest?  I cannot wait for October and cool, crisp Autumn days.

I received two TCDB trades in the mail today.  My fifth trade with Rustyk99 tips things off and begins with eleven 1990-91 OPC Premier set builders (36%):

The trade concludes with a Bowman Yelich for Owen's collection:

Wow.  I now have 25 2019 Yelich's in Owen's collection.

Today's second trade is my sixth with DukeyDevil and is a strictly hockey affair.  We begin with 33 1991-92 OPC Premier set builders (96%):

Followed by 81 for the 1993-94 Leaf set (26%):

A Michigan hockey addition concludes the trade:


I was out and about this morning and found myself near Target.  Of course, I popped in and perused the card selection with two primary targets (pun intended) - a Chronicles blaster and a Stadium Club blaster of fat pack.  They had Chronicles blasters today so I picked one up.  Sadly though, the only the Stadium Club in stock are the $2.99 skinny packs.  I picked up a fat pack of Score as I attempt to build that set:

40 cards and nothing of real interest.  No Michigan or Bama cards, and no interesting rookies.
While looking over the card selection at Target I noticed that Allen & Ginter is out so I picked up a pack for Owen's collection:

Now, on to the Chronicles blaster box:

Fourteen vet base cards toward the set:

A pair of Panini rookies:

A pair of Luminance rookies:

A pair of Playoff rookies:

Second WCJ in the box so far...
A single Essentials rookie:

A trio of Marquee rookies:

A single Elite rookie:

A single Studio rookie:

My first Studio pull!  I really liked the 2016-17 Studio set and this subset is sharp as well.
A single Optichrome rookie:

A single Crusade rookie:

My first Crusade pull.  Nice card.  It's basically what you would expect a Crusade card to look like.
A trio of Rookies & Stars:

My first Rookies & Stars pulls.  Fairly blah design.  I did pull a Trae and Sextion though.
The final base card from the blaster is headed to my Giannis collection:

I genuinely get excited when I pull any Giannis card from a pack; even a base card.
The blaster includes four pink parallels:

The Sexton Luminance is pretty sharp. 
And the box summary concludes with four rookies I previously pulled earlier this week.  These four are headed to my For Trade list and includes a Trae:

No comments:

Post a Comment