Friday, July 26, 2019

Dave & Adam's Box - Part III, and a small Yelich haul

Watching:  Up on Amazon Prime

A lot cover tonight; three TCDB trades, one eBay purchase, and the third installment of my Dave & Adam's purchase.  Let's roll...

Today’s first package is my fifth trade with 860502 and begins with a 1991 Fleer set builder:
The bulk of the trade is devoted to 90s basketball set builders:
A pair of 1992 Stadium Club football set builders:
A pair of Harbaugh’s for the Michigan collection:
The trade concludes with 33 Bama additions:

My second trade with joe0786 is up next and is comprised solely of Michigan football additions:

My first trade with slwcards is today’s third trade and kicks off with some 1991 Score set builders:
Then a Jon Vaughn for the Michigan collection:
And closes with a few 2019 baseball additions for Owen’s collection:

Today’s final package is a recent eBay purchase.  While searching for recent Christian Yelich listings I stumbled upon 2Bros788.  They had a promotion where they applied a 45% discount to your order if you purchased at least 25 cards.  And they had a flat shipping cost of $1.00.  So I stocked up, beginning with a LeVert RC for the Michigan collection:
Followed by some Michigan football additions:
The purchase wraps up with 25 2019 Yelich purchases, including some nice inserts and parallels.  Three even carry a SN:
 


Now on to Part III of my recent Dave & Adam's purchase.  Tonight's focus is basketball and tips off with twelve 2017-18 Essentials fat packs:

A big batch of base to start:

24 go toward building the set:

Nine Orange parallels:

The Essentials opening ends with inserts:

These inserts are pretty dull.

We then move on to 24 packs of 2017-18 Prestige:

We start with a bunch of base:

I already have the complete set so no base cards to add.  On to parallels and inserts:


And we close with a single hobby pack of 2016-17 Studio:

My sole motivation behind buying this single hobby pack was to hopefully pull a From Downtown insert.  I love those cards.  I already have cards 1-200 for the set so no base cards to add.  I pulled a Glossy parallel and a Harden insert:

Sadly, no From Downtown luck.

So that concludes my cheap basketball purchase.  Again, just like with last night's football boxes, I got what I paid for - nada.  Tomorrow night I will share the fourth and final installment of my Dave & Adam's purchase - the free gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment