Monday, July 22, 2019

80s stars making music & six packages


Listening:  Parquet Courts Wide Awake!

While channel surfing on my commute this morning I stumbled upon this gem:
Do you remember when TV and movie stars in the 80s were making music?  Eddie Murphy is the most famous example, but Don Johnson was making music, as well as Bruce Willis under the alias Bruno.  And Patrick Swayze had a hit too.  And there was a soap star... Googling... Jack Wagner!

On to cards... six, count ‘em, six packages today!

My first trade with dsorek nets a Julio for the Bama collection:
And five 2019 Topps for Owen’s collection:

My third trade with hockeydude offers a little something from all four major sports.  Baseball set builders to start:
Followed by an assortment of basketball set builders:
A pair of Michigan additions; one football and one hockey:
A trio of Bama additions rounds out the trade:

My third trade with Sportzcommish starts with a 1988 Topps Strawberry:
I offered a trade to a new member and when it came time to pull my extra Strawberry it was no longer there.  Dang gremlins.  I pulled my lone copy from my set and sought out a replacement.
On to a 2012-13 Panini set builder:
Some football set builders up next:
A nice little batch of Michigan football additions follows:
Finally, Joshua included a pair of 1990 UD as extras:
Hey, HR King Kevin Maas!  I’m rich…right?

The day’s fourth trade is my first with joe0786 and is a strictly football affair.  A nice assortment of Michigan additions to start:
Followed by a pair of Bama additions:

Today’s fifth package is a single card eBay purchase of Topps Yelich insert:
You really can’t go wrong with the 84 Topps baseball design.

Finally, today’s sixth and final package is a welcome surprise.  A TCDB member, frump, recently requested my mailing address and offered to send some hockey cards from my Want List.  The package arrived today and includes 1991-92 OPC Premier and Stadium Club set builders:
 
A pair of 1992-93 UD All-Rookie Team inserts:
Four Michigan additions:
And some additions to the Hawks & Belfour collection:
Thank you very much!


No comments:

Post a Comment