Thursday, July 25, 2019

Dave & Adam's Box - Part II

Listening:  INXS Kick

Daddy-daughter hike up the bluff this morning:


Two TCDB trades arrived today.  My first trade with suomibear8 leads off and included eight Michigan basketball additions:

And four Michigan football additions:


My fourth trade with Lugnut80 is devoted solely to basketball cards of the mid to late 90s.  We begin with an assortment of set builders:

The trade concludes with a single Michigan addition; a pretty sick Mo Taylor Press Pass insert:


Tonight we continue unpacking my recent Dave & Adam's purchase.  Our focus tonight - cheap 2018 football boxes.  Spoiler alert...  I pull absolutely nothing of note from any of these boxes.  Please feel free to stop reading now.

We start with a pair of Donruss hanger boxes; one green and one orange:

Lots of base cards...:

But sadly I only needed 19 of them for my set:

And I already each and every rookie.  My completion rate still sits at a paltry 74%.  Disappointing.
A snapshot of the inserts and parallels included in the two boxes:

The pair of 1988s are cool, aside from that though, not much of interest.
I picked up a Brady base for the Michigan collection:

A pair of base and one insert go toward the Bama collection:

In the end, pretty underwhelming.

Up next, I picked up a pair of Prestige hanger boxes:

A whole lot of base cards:

Only 11 go toward building the set:

Seven of the eleven are rookies so that is helpful, but still disappointing given my completion rate is still only 78%.
Only a handful of inserts:

I already have half of these so those are going on my For Trade list.
Ten Green parallels include:

Not a single Michigan card I needed in either box.  Only pulled two Bama base cards I needed:

Another disappointing pair of boxes.

Finally, my last cheap 2018 purchase is one Score blaster:

A big stack of base to begin:

I pulled only 13 I needed for the set, however, seven of those are rookies:

This brings my completion rate up to 83%.
A fair number of inserts and parallels:

I pulled a Showcase (blue) that is SN99.  Aside from that, fairly unimpressive.
A Mo Hurst rookie is the lone Michigan addition:

I did manage to pull eight Bama base cards I needed, including a trio of rookies:


So that's it for my cheap 2018 football purchases.  I guess you get what you pay for.
Tomorrow night's third installment will focus on cheap basketball packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment