Friday, July 19, 2019

We all come down and drown in the Mississippi River

Listening:  The Hold Steady Boys and Girls in America

Good Lord the TCDB forums have become an ugly place this week.  I rarely ever post in the forums, usually only to help someone identify a card, but I do read many of the posts.  Maybe it's the recent heatwave and nothing more.  Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.  (See what I did there... heatwave...cooler heads)

I received four packages yesterday; three TCDB trades and a single card eBay purchase.  In an odd coincidence, the three trades are my third with each respective member.

  1. The mrmike trade begins with football set builders:

    The John L. Williams is a replacement.  I pulled my extra to include in a trade recently and I bent the darn thing, so I pulled the copy from my complete set and sought out a replacement.  The 91 Pro Set's are all VAR toward a master set.
    Three football additions for the Bama collection up next:

    The mrmike trade concludes with a pair of wrestling additions:

    I previously mentioned that I was a fan of The Outsiders.  As the WWF regained momentum with its Attitude era I became a fan of DX.  Funny thing is I wasn't a fan of any of them as individuals, but as a collective they were a lot of fun.
  2. The mrdonnee trades covers basketball and football.  We start some basketball set builders from 92-93 UD and 16-17 Threads:

    A trio of 18 Donruss football set builders follows:

    A pair of Michigan football additions from 18 Prizm:

    Three Bama football additions round out the mrdonnee trade:

  3. Michigan football additions kick off the deasley_1 trade:

    Followed by a Belfour for the Hawks collection:

    A pair of Michigan hockey additions complete the deasley_1 trade:

  4. Finally, a 02-03 Ultra Chris Webber eBay purchase completes today's summary:

    This insert is MEM, SN50.  Unfortunately, the dark piece of fabric does not pop against the relatively dark background.

2 comments:

  1. Cool cards. If the DX photo was taken at Raw 1000, I was in the crowd that night!
    And you're right about the forums. Hopefully it improves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a trade in progress with mrdonnee and you; both were sent yesterday. I rarely browse the forums but it sounds like there's been a real problem. I tried to find exactly what happened but could only find posts about the problem.

    ReplyDelete