Wednesday, July 31, 2019

2 Trades & a Pay It Forward

Listening:  The Police Zenyatta Mondatta

How about that Pirates-Reds brawl last night?  Here’s what I don’t get; why hasn’t MLB done something about the benches clearing brawls?  I remember the NBA in the 1980s and 1990s when benches clearing brawls were not uncommon.  The league finally said, “You leave the bench; you’re suspended.”  Viola!  You don’t see this in the NFL.  Even in the NHL where fighting is allowed, guys don’t leave the bench.   The oddest thing is that guys enter the fray from the bullpens.  Odd.

I missed out on another Webber printing plate.  The bidding ended on Monday night at over $80.  That’s a big number for me.

I received two TCDB trades today.  My third trade with figgman adds two dozen cards to my 1990-91 Score Canadian set:

My fourth trade with Thunderfoot is another football affair and begins with some 1991 set builders:
Followed by one Hoard and six Toomer’s for the Michigan collection:
The trade concludes with a nice assortment of Bama football cards:


One bonus item to close the night.  I received an additional package yesterday but could not work my way through it until today.  Billy Kingsley sent me a nice PIF out of the blue comprised largely of basketball cards, with a few hockey cards thrown in:

Each and every card is a card I do not have.
The package included one more card...

Billy sent a Chris Webber base card that I did not have!  Thanks for the cards Billy, and helping build my Webber collection.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like! I've actually had the Webber sitting here on my table waiting for me to get my act together for about 2 months. I'm glad you still needed it! And I refuse to send one card, so I had to find some other things you might like.

    ReplyDelete