Sunday, June 2, 2019

Our hopes and expectations

Listening:  Muse Black Holes and Revelations

I saw Muse play the United Center about a decade ago.  One of the best concerts I ever attended... back when I used to go to shows.  A quick Google search reveals that the show was in March 2010.

I received one package yesterday; a single card eBay purchase.  Here we have a 2018-19 Spectra Chris Webber MEM, SN49:



I spent a portion of my slow Friday afternoon at work scanning and uploading images to TCDB of the 2018-19 Status base cards.  Why is it so rare to see photos of guys dunking in recent years?  Most of the base cards feature photos of guys dribbling or taking a jumper; you'd think it was 1958-1959 and not 2018-19.  What's next?  Two hand chest passes on cards?  During the boom of the early to mid 90s we had tons of cards featuring dunks.  (See Shawn Kemp)  Sometimes I think Panini puts about as much effort into their cards as Krusty:




No comments:

Post a Comment