Friday, June 14, 2019

When I grow up, I’m going to Bovine University!


Listening:  Oasis (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Absolutely perfect weather yesterday - low 70s, abundant sunshine, low humidity, gentle breeze.  Perfect day for a little kayaking!

I've learned that either Seinfeld or The Simpsons can be applied to just about anything in life.  Well... 
Turns out I completed my 1989 Score football set earlier this week.  Ten cards from a previous transaction did not properly migrate.  Happy that the set is indeed complete, however, disappointed that I did not get to properly celebrate its completion.  I’m a Grade A moron.

I ran out over lunch and grabbed the mail.  Two packages to cover this afternoon; both TCDB trades.  The first is my second “If The Phils Win You Win” contest win.  I now have a complete 1992-93 Upper Deck basketball set thanks to these additions:
 

A few more mid-90s basketball set builders follow:

The bulk of the trade is devoted to hockey set builders.  A 1990-91 Pro Set ERR toward the master set (96.7%) and then 1992-93 Upper Deck (97.8%) additions:

And a Terry Mills for the Michigan collection rounds out the contest win:

My sixth trade with randylaw is the day’s second package.  A small stack of 1991 Score set builders to start (53%):

A few 1993-94 Fleer additions next (88%):

A large stack of 1991-92 Premier brings my completion rate up to 76%:

And the trade concludes with a Derrick Alexander for the Michigan collection:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment