Thursday, January 3, 2019

Did I really just acquire some 1990 Fleer?!

Watching:  Michigan-Penn State basketball game on ESPN - Go Blue!

One small PWE in the mail today.  dodgersdennis (Dennis), a new TCDB member, sent me a trade request last week offering three 1990 Fleer All-Stars from my Want List.  I purchased so many packs of 1990 Fleer back in the summer of 1990... and Donruss, and Score, and Topps.  (If you are in need of any 1990 baseball cards I have plenty available for trade)  In particular I recall buying the Fleer cello packs.  I have an abundance of base cards, 11 of the 12 Soaring Stars, and 16 of the 28 box bottom cards, however, I only managed to secure 6 of the 12 All-Stars as a kid.  Today I cut that number in half with the three cards Dennis sent.  I never thought I would be pleased to receive 1990 Fleer cards, but I am.



One other acquisition related item today - I requested a COMC shipment.  160 some odd cards will arrive in the next two weeks - a delayed Xmas gift.

Mapping has been a topic of conversation on the TCDB boards recently.  I liked the idea, and I had all of the necessary info, so I mapped my 2018 trades via GoogleMaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment