Thursday, January 24, 2019

Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa and Two Trades

Listening:  Otis Redding The Very Best of Otis Redding

I love '50s-'60s soul, Motown, Stax music.  Perfect music for the office.  Whether the day is stressful, tedious, or boring it always works.  Fun to listen to at home as well.  Our daughter is dancing around the house really enjoying Otis.  Whenever I hear Otis I always think of Jon Cryer in Pretty In Pink.  Those John Hughes movies are still fun to watch.

After being shutout yesterday, two packages arrived today, both trades with TCDB members.

1.  My second trade with dodgersdennis yielded some baseball set builders:  one 1990 Upper Deck (19%), three 1991 Fleer (56%), and twelve 1991 Topps that included some VAR I did not have.  I only have the Topps set on my Want List at this point but plan to eventually work toward completing the other two.  Up to 98.7% complete for the basic Topps set and 96.3% for the master.  The '90 Upper Deck set looks like an Upper Deck set, the '91 Fleer set is BRIGHT, and the '91 Topps set isn't bad; I like it better than the '86, '88, and '90 sets.



2.  A hockey trade with Classicshowcar, our first exchange, rounds out the day.  This trade included set builders for the 1991-92 Pro Set and Upper Deck sets, as well as the 1992-93 Upper Deck set.  My '91-92 Pro Set is now complete!  As for the Upper Deck sets, completion rates are now at 96.7% and 93.8%.  Missing cards are limited solely to the high numbers in both.



The trade wraps up with three Belfour's for the Blackhawks collection and two Michigan additions; a Shields and a Morrison.

No comments:

Post a Comment