Wednesday, January 30, 2019

"The cold never bothered me anyway" & One Trade

Listening:  Arcade Fire, Funeral

I want to start by saying, "Thank you" to those of you who take a couple minutes out of your day/night to check in with my blog.  I'll warn you now, more rambling than usual this evening as we are light on cards.

How about Zavier Simpson last night?  Just the sixth triple-double in the long history of Michigan basketball!  And to do it vs. OSU makes it even sweeter.  At least UM can still beat OSU at something.  Add in a nice Bucks win over the Pistons and it was a perfect hoops night.  Bucks-Raptors tomorrow night for Eastern supremacy.  Thanks for the reminder Dan (PapaG321).

Woke up to a temperature of -25 this morning.  Our high temp reached a balmy -12!  I went into the office today in spite of classes being cancelled due to the cold.  Very quiet around the department as very few people came in.  It provided an excellent opportunity to put a small dent in my TCDB "Cards in your collection missing images on the site" list.  Scanning and uploading might be my least favorite TCDB activity.  It takes some serious time and effort to do a decent job.  Tip of the cap to the members who properly scan and upload images.

The USPS cancelled mail delivery today but I failed to notice a PWE tucked in our mailbox yesterday evening so I do have one unexpected trade to share this evening.  This hockey trade is my second trade of 2019 with TCDB member vanoirm.  The contents are very straightforward, 18 cards toward the 1991-92 Pinnacle set, pushing my completion rate past the 90% mark.  I think this is a sharp set - one of my favorites from the hockey card explosion of the early '90s.



Ludwig is rocking some textbook hockey hair on that card.  That might be a cool idea for a user list on TCDB - "Best Hockey Hair".  An annual YouTube favorite is the "Minnesota State High School All Hockey Hair Team".  It's all about salad and flow.  Check out the 2018 edition here.

After already conquering The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros, I can now add Super Mario Bros 2 and Super Mario Bros 3 to the list.  I don't remember these endings so I doubt I ever won these as a kid.  This new system allows you to save a game at anytime.  Literally, anytime.  So you reach a difficult point, you save the game, and then you can replay it endlessly until you pass it.

 

I think I'll tackle Metroid next.  I never had it as a kid - my best friend did.  I know I didn't advance very far in this one as a kid, and that I will need to find some maps online.

No comments:

Post a Comment