Sunday, January 27, 2019

"Qu'est-ce que c'est" & Surprise LeBron Hit

Listening:  Talking Heads Talking Heads: 77

I picked up two packs while making a Target run Friday evening and saved them for this morning.  Holding packs until Sunday is much easier when the trades keep rolling in :)  Let's rip these bad Oscars:



1.  My third Contenders fat pack of the season.  18 base cards, half of which I already have.  Oh well, a little something to add to the For Trade list.



The wrapper promises one Green or Purple parallel.  I lucked out and got one of each, including a LeBron in his Lakers uniform.



2.  Next up one of the weird Prizm multi-packs.  I like Prizm but I often feel as though I don't get much bang for the buck and the parallels are endless.  I just checked the other day and counted 36 parallels for the Webber #165.  36?!?!  15 cards total in the pack starting with eight new base cards.



The Prizm pack wraps up with three inserts and four parallels.  I hit a Webber Red, White & Blue parallel!  However, I bought a cheap copy on eBay last month.  I never, never, get Webber's in packs.



In logging these packs in TCDB I noticed that the LeBron Purple parallel is SN25.  And my copy is 01/25!  I totally missed that when ripping the pack.  A very pleasant surprise and a pretty darn good hit for a $5 fat pack.  Might be worth a little something to a LeBron or Lakers collector...

 



1 comment:

  1. Always enjoy reading your ramblings. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete