Tuesday, January 29, 2019

"You're as cold as ice" & Two Trades

Watching:  Bucks vs. Pistons on Fox Sports Wisconsin

I'm back.  No packages or purchases yesterday so no post.  We received seven inches of snow Sunday night into the wee hours of Monday morning so maybe that had some impact.  Classes were cancelled until noon and my daughter had a delayed start of 11:30.  Like many across the Upper Midwest we are now in the grips of the Polar Vortex.  I forecast high for tomorrow is around -15 with wind chills in the -40s to -50s.  Coldest it's been since 1996.  No classes tomorrow due to the cold.

Two packages today.  Funny thing is they did not arrive until around 6:15 this evening as I was finishing up the dishes.  We'll chalk it up to the weather.

1.  The first package is my fifth trade with TCDB member tenlbpain.  Nick has my seal of approval - that's why I keep going back to the well.  We have a little something from all four major sports in this package of approx. 200 cards.  For baseball we have a handful of cards going toward the 1983 Topps and 1984 Fleer sets.



Basketball includes a large lot of 1993-94 Fleer, a nice chunk of 1993-94 Hoops - Scoops, four inserts from 1996-97 Collector's Choice, and then singles from 2008-09 Fleer and 2012-13 Hoops. 



A little aside here; I think the unquestioned king of cool '90s basketball cards has to be the Reign Man - Shawn Kemp.



Back to reviewing the cards.  The sole football additions go toward the 1991 Score football set. 



And then finally a nice brick of 1990-91 Score Canadian completes the trade.



2.  Tonight's second trade is my first with TCDB member Parsons0311.  Matt reached out and did the bulk of the legwork in putting this one together.  This might be the most straightforward trade ever - nothing but 1995-96 Hoops.



That's it for tonight.  Stay warm and safe!

1 comment:

  1. I just worked out a trade with Nick/tenlbpain. Not quite as big as yours, about 100 cards each way. Nice to know he's got a great rep.

    You're spot on about Shawn Kemp cards. One of my blogging buddies Jon @ A Penny Sleeve is hoarding his 1990-91 Fleer issues.

    ReplyDelete