Monday, January 14, 2019

Zion, Recent NES Success, and One Trade

Watching:  Syracuse vs Duke basketball on ESPN

Zion is ridiculous.  Heck, the whole Duke freshman class is ridiculous.  The chase for RCs in 2019-20 basketball collecting will be absolute madness.  I cannot even begin to imagine the heights some of the break auctions will reach as people chase the top picks.

My mid-life crisis is not limited solely to card collecting.  My wife gave me a NES Classic for Xmas and I play for a few minutes each day.  Nothing like the marathon sessions of the 80s and 90s.  I managed to first lead Link to victory, then Mario.  Feeling pretty accomplished right now.

 

Late last week I received a trade offer via TCDB from Billy Kingsley.  Billy offered up a nice collection of Stadium Club basketball cards as he noticed I listed those as a primary collecting goal.  It was nice to receive a trade offer as nine times out of ten I am the one peppering members with trade requests.  Billy's cards arrived today - nicely packed and in perfect condition.  First up, eight from the 1994-95 edition to bring up to 76% complete:



Next up, a single card for both the 1996-97 (18%) and 1998-99 (19%) sets:



And last but not least, 34 cards from the 2000-01 (20%) edition round out the trade:

 

Thank you, Billy, for helping me chip away at this primary collecting goal.  I really miss Stadium Club basketball and the myriad of action shots.  Look at these great shots - guys driving to bucket, contesting shots, etc.  Panini sets do not look like this and that is a shame.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like what I sent! Please note that the Penny Hardaway card from 2000-01 was not on the trade proposal- I missed it when I was entering my trade list to the Database. I saw you needed it so I sent it along as well.

    That was actually the first trade I ever put together, one of the things I've wanted to learn for a while. I will get a post up about the cards I got from you, also arriving today, near the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, that was my entire stash of duplicates from 2000-01 set. Those came from a box I opened when the set was new. I'm glad to move them to a new home, considering I've been storing them for almost 20 years now!

      Delete