Friday, January 4, 2019

1983 Topps Football Set Completed!

Watching:  The Incredibles on DVD

Received one PWE in the mail today from TCDB member 860502.  David is an excellent trader, we have completed a number of trades. You can expect prompt action and excellent cards.  One of my collecting goals is to complete football sets from when I was collecting as a kid (1983-1991).  This trade included the final two cards I needed for the 1983 Topps set.  This is the first trading card set I really collected as a kid so it has serious sentimental value.  I can still remember receiving a box of these for Xmas in 1983.  Very satisfying to complete this set 36 years later.



Also included in the trade were 15 cards toward the 1984 Topps set.  I now have 325 of the set's 396 cards.  I really like the design of this set.  As a kid I got quite a few 1983 and 1985 cards but not as many 1984s.  Unfortunate given the strong RCs in this set.  Here's today's 1984 haul:



One last card in the trade, a Brian Griese, goes toward my Michigan Wolverine collection.  Griese of course quarterbacked UM to the 1997 national championship.



Set completed - 1983 Topps Football, including S. Morgan ERR
Michigan Wolverine collection additions - 1 (Brian Griese)

No comments:

Post a Comment