Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Five Packages - The Mail Carrier's Worst Nightmare

Watching:  Minnesota vs. Michigan basketball on BTN

Received five packages in the mail today - all from TCDB members.  Let's roll...

1.  The first package I opened was a PWE trade with RUWrong that goes toward building basketball sets.  This is the third trade we have completed.  My 2016-17 Prestige set was complete, but then I offered a Kennard in trade that I didn't have, so I had to use the one from my set and find another copy.  Up to 78% on the 2016-17 Donruss set.



2.  Next I opened an envelope from Dan (PapaG321).  I think this is our fourth trade.  We basically trade every three months or so and have also exchanged PIFs.  Dan is a top notch trader and trades across multiple sports - something I really enjoy when seeking trade partners.  The football cards all go toward 1990 and 1991 sets:



Some hockey to close out the trade.  This completes my 1990-91 Pro Set hockey set, and two Michigan additions:



3.  A hockey trade with wax_house is up next.  Set builders for 1991-92 Stadium Club (89%) and Upper Deck (96%), as well as 1992-93 Upper Deck (93%).  Two Norton's for the Michigan collection complete the trade.



4.  The fourth package was my first trade with MetsTeamSetsJVT.  Sharp looking cards packed very well.  185 cards from the 1991 Upper Deck baseball set.  Not something on my Want List at this time, but a set I do intend to work toward completing after getting the 1980's sets completed.



5.  And finally, I participated in vrooomed's 40th Anniversary celebration.  The randomizer granted me a high pick and I selected the Dale Murphy RC:



Dan went above and beyond though and included a 39 extras.  This included a lot of 1983 Topps I needed (including Viola RC) and a George Brett for the 1984 Topps set:



He even threw in a few football cards for the Michigan and Alabama collections.  Congratulations on the milestone, Dan, and thank you for your generosity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment