Monday, January 21, 2019

I Have Been to the Mountaintop

Listening:  Martin Luther King Jr's "I Have Been to the Mountaintop"

I have the day off today in observance of MLK Day.  We should all take a few moments to reflect and consider the actions of not only Dr. King, but all of those who dedicated their blood, sweat, tears, and in some cases lives, to the struggle for civil rights and racial equality. 

As it is a federal holiday we will not be receiving any mail today so no trades to share.  My daughter and I made a Target run last Thursday and I picked up two fat packs of the new 2018-19 Contenders.  Saving these for today has taken some serious restraint.  I'm the type who usually rips the packs right there in the Target parking lot.  I just realized, these are the first packs I have purchased in 2019.  Everything this year to this point has been TCDB trades and the COMC purchase.  Each fat includes 22 cards with one "guaranteed" to be a parallel.

The first pack includes 17 cards that will go toward building a set:



and the second pack includes another 17 headed for the set:



Inserts and green parallel from the first pack.  Scored a Hardaway Jr base for the Michigan collection.  This first pack actually has 23 cards in it.  Hmmm:



Second pack inserts and green parallel.  Pulled a Giannis base for the Giannis collection!



Like many Panini sets, not great, not bad, pretty much what you'd expect.  Just noticed - the same photo appears three times on the card!  Really?!  I'll make an effort to complete the 100 card core base set and get some Giannis inserts and parallels, but I won't go nuts buying these.

Michigan Wolverine collection additions -  T. Hardaway Jr.
Giannis collection additions -  1


1 comment:

  1. First time I've seen these. I like them. Looks like the first set to have photos from this season.

    ReplyDelete