Thursday, January 10, 2019

Oh Toodles, and Two Football Trades

Watching:  Mickey Mouse Clubhouse; not my choice

Harper ate all of her dinner so she gets to pick a show.  Her selection, a first season episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Michigan basketball takes the court in about 45 minutes.

How about those Milwaukee Bucks last night?  They continued to attack the paint throughout the game and a strong third quarter provided sufficient cushion to withstand a Houston run.  It's the NBA - everybody makes a run.  27 and 21 for my man, Giannis, made the win even sweeter.

On to cards... received two packages in the mail today.  Both trades with TCDB members and both solely devoted to football cards.  When I reentered the hobby in January 2017 I was going to focus solely on basketball.  I soon decided to collect Charles Woodson, then other Michigan football alumni, and then finish sets I started as a kid.This past summer I got the itch to pick up the occasional 2018 Donruss, Prestige, and Score fat pack when at Target and lo and behold, I'm building present day football sets.  I LOVE college football, my favorite sport, but am not invested in the NFL.  As a kid I loved the 46 Zone Bears, but that waned.  Collecting football cards provided an opportunity to refresh some of the college football memories. 

The first trade is my second in about a four week span with TCDB member MoPack626 (Scotte).  Both have been perfect.  The 16 cards received included 10 that go toward sets - some old, some new.  The two 90 Pro Set are an ERR and a VAR I had yet to secure:

  

Four Desmond Howard and two Charles Woodson cards round out the trade.  Six Heisman winning cards to add to the Michigan collection:



Today's second package was my first trade with TCDB member wudu44 (Zack).  Very pleased with the trade and the package I received from Zack.  The bulk of the cards in this trade go toward filling holes in 2018 football sets.  2018 Donruss made up the lion's share, with most of those being RCs.  I think the Donruss set is my favorite for 2018:



The package also included three 2018 Prestige and fourteen 2018 Score that go toward completing those sets:



Last but not least, six Michigan cards were included in the trade:



In the end, two very productive trades - chipped away at completing some sets and added some Wolverines.

Michigan Wolverine collection additions - 12 (Jake Butt, Elvis Grbac, Chad Henne, Desmond Howard 4, Charles Woodson 4, Chris Wormley)

No comments:

Post a Comment